Honestly. It's falling. Again. I think we're getting payback for the past couple of 'mild' winters we've had (if there is such an animal).
I don't mind the snow, really. I mind clearing the snow. And I'm not sure where, exactly, this new 10 inches is going to go - considering I already can't see past the monstrous snowbanks at the end of my driveway. And, oh, did I mention that my snowblower is currently out of commission? The shop has had it for like a week. Nice.
So goes another day in New England. I have been having a pretty decent New Year so far. I am feeling *sort of* on top of things as far as school goes. Except for that one little speedbump I just encountered. I thought that my first big exam in my newborn/postpartum class was due by this Saturday at 5pm. I just looked at the class calendar (don't ask me why, but I'm glad I did) and it says it's due by Friday at midnight. Lovely. Awesome. I'm working Friday from 8:30-8:30. Not to mention that the kids will most likely be home from school all day tomorrow. There goes any glimmer of hope for some quiet time to study tomorrow. Oh, well, adapt and overcome...that's what I had to do when the kids were home (on yet another 'snow day') and I had to lead a class about newborn polycythemia online. Thank God for pay-per-view.
I don't really have anything else substantial to contribute. I'm on a regular schedule at work now, so I'm cutting the kids back to only two days a week at the after-school program. I will probably be cursing myself after the first couple of weeks, but it will be a huge money-saver. This also means that I will probably be asking for a leave of absence from my per diem position on L+D, which makes me very sad. I haven't worked there for months. I miss it. I mean, it's my passion..but I guess that I have to do what I have to do to get to my final 'destination'..I won't be able to work concurrently as an RN and a student nurse midwife on the unit when it comes time for clinical - which is coming up quickly..and I don't have the extra time to devote to extra shifts on L+D between my schoolwork and working part time at the Clinic...So it goes...
Well, I'm off to brave the snow :)
I thank my god for Netflix. My kids love it. It streams in through their Wii.
ReplyDeleteThat shit has saved my ass a few times now.
xoxoxo